What is An E-mail?
Short for electronic mail, e-mail or email is text message that might include files, images, video or other attachments sent through an email service provider to a person or group of people.
How to Send And Receive Emails
If you are new to email technology – basically to o send and receive email messages, you need an email program, also known as an email client such as Microsoft Outlook. Mazilla Thunderbird etc).
A more popular solution for most people to sending and receiving emails using an Online Email Service provider as know as Webmail such as MSN Hotmail, Google Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc. All of these online email service providers give you the ability to create a free account you can use to send and receive emails.
To send or receive emails, your email services provider used email servers that stores and delivers your emails. The email client from your chosen email service provider will connect to their servers and download all new emails and deliver any unsent email.
Advantages of Using Business Email
- Emails are fast. They are delivered at once around the world. No other form of written communication or online marketing is as fast as an email.
- Compare to Direct Mail such as post cards or traditional mail, Emails are delivered extremely fast
- Emails can be sent 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Email is cheap and if you are using online email service providers (MSN Hotmail, Google Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc) – each email sent or receive is effectively free
- Emails can be sent to one person or several people
Disadvantages of Using E-mail
- The recipient needs access to the Internet to receive email.
- No guarantee your email mail will be read until the user logs on and checks their email.
- Spam – unsolicited email, ie junk mail
- Phishing – sending an email to a user falsely claiming to be a legitimate company to scam the user into providing information, such as personal information and bank account numbers on a bogus website.
What is Email Marketing?
Most of us have come to associate Email Marketing, Mailing list, Emailing, Email Marketing services with ‘spamming’, Yet, the truth of the matter is that email marketing – when properly done – is one of the most effective online marketing approaches one can use.
Email marketing is a way to reach consumers directly via electronic mail. Unlike spam, direct email marketing reaches those interested in your business’ area of expertise. The information sent out is more targeted compared to traditional direct mail approach like sending out post card..
Why Email Marketing
“When was the last time you went a day without checking email?” Email is a universally used tool, everyone checks emails daily either at work or home. Email marketing continues to be a strong method in digital marketing and most specifically digital marketers use to inform, educate and push information to Opt-In recipients.
How Email Marketing Works?
- Create You Own List – Through Newsletter / FREE Report Approach – There are several implementations of email marketing. There is, for instance, the one where as a business you create a newsletter. You then offer it for free to potential clients, in exchange for them supplying you with their email addresses at subscription time. Thereafter, you would be sending them editions of the newsletter through email, and occasional product offers. In such a situation, as long as it is valuable product offers you give them, the people in question would be bound to eventually make a purchase – and your marketing effort would have worked out.
- Lead Generation Approach – Another implementation is where you get into a deal with an email marketing lead generation company to be supplying you with emails of prospects, whom you can then (occasionally) target with product offers.
- Buying Email List Approach – There is yet another implementation where you simply buy email lists from firms that collect them, and send offers to the owners of the emails. This comes closer to spamming, but there are some people who argue that as long as you do it decently and not too frequently, you wouldn’t be guilty of the same – especially where the email collection was consensual, and preceded by assessment of needs. That way, you wouldn’t be trying to sell a product email recipients aren’t absolutely interested in.
Types of Email Marketing
Email marketing can be carried out through different types of emails:
- Transaction Email Marketing – transnational emails are usually triggered based on a customer’s action with a company. Triggered transnational messages include, purchase or order confirmation emails and email receipts.
- Opt-In Email Marketing – is a method of advertising via email, blog site, website, landing pages, whereby the recipient of the advertisement has consented to receive it. This method is one of several developed by marketers to eliminate the disadvantages of email marketing.If opt-in email advertising is used, the material that is emailed to consumers will be “anticipated.” It is assumed that the consumer wants to receive it, which makes it unlike unsolicited advertisements sent to the consumer. Ideally, opt-in email advertisements will be more personal and relevant to the consumer than untargeted advertisements. With a foundation of opted-in contact information stored in your email marketing software’s database, your can send out promotional materials automatically. You can also segment your email list fro promotional marketing.
Advantages Of Using Email Marketing
- It’s Immediate – Whereas other marketing tactics require you to wait for results, email marketing is immediate. Your emails are sent instantly to the subscriber, and you don’t have to wait days or weeks for a direct marketing campaign to reach them, or wait for your potential customer to find your website through banner ads or blog posts. In addition, if you take the time to include relevant, well-written content in your email newsletter, you are helping build a relationship with your subscribers, thereby increasing the chances that they will turn into customers or that your current customers will remain loyal to your company.
- It’s Cost Effective – When considering email marketing services versus direct marketing, email marketing has amazing benefits as far as being cost effective. A traditional direct marketing campaign can run you thousands of dollars for one printed newsletter, whereas email marketing costs nowhere near that much.
- Its Permission Based – you can ask your subscribers to sign up for your mailing lists by adding sign-up forms or a ‘Join-Mailing-List’ button on your website. You build your mailing lists with the permission of your subscribers.
- You Can Automate Your Email Campaigns – Unlike direct mail marketing such s flyers, newspapers ads, email marketing can be automated, making it easier for your company to schedule emails months, weekly or daily in advance. This can be an incredibly useful feature, especially if you offer seasonal sales or promotions or other events that are already planned for the year. With email marketing, you can set up your email newsletter in advance and schedule them to be sent out on a specific date to let your customers know about your sale or promotion.
- Reach Target Markets – with email campaign using email marketing automation software, you have the ability to segmenting your customer/client lists based on interests or location. Send out target messages to customers you know are interested in what you have to say, and build brand loyalty by providing useful, relevant information in every e-mail you send out.
- Monitor Effectiveness And Data Tracking – With email marketing, you are able to track all sorts of data that can help you not only run your business more effectively, but see how your email marketing campaigns are doing. For example, you can see at a glance how many people open your email; how many people click on links you are placing in that email, as well as the number of conversion (i.e., sales) that are a result of your email marketing campaign.
Welcome To Email Marketing Automation Software
Keeping in contact with your customers or clients is vital for your relationship with them and for the growth of your business. How great would it be if there was a way to automate this process sending out all your emails. Well as an email advertiser there is, now you only need to write the email once and the Email Marketing Automation Software will take care of the delivery and who should get the email.
For 5 years now we have used Aweber as our email marketing service software . Using AWeber’s email marketing campaign software is easy! All you have to do is create an email follow series within Aweber, the email autoresponder system will deliver the emails you have within your series automatically to each new prospect as they sign up to your email list. You can then add on to this sequence of emails to automate your sales process further and close more sales with very little intervention from your part.
Here is the list of email marketing service provider And Automation Software: